Technician, Help Desk Level- I
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The primary responsibility of the Help Desk Technician Level- I is to provide basic over-the-phone computer end-user support, dispatch service requests, and issues to appropriate points of contact defined with in the IT support organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES and QUALIFICATIONS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability to be a Help Desk Technician. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties include the following:
- Provide prompt phone response to maintain abandon rates within specified targets
- Quickly and efficiently identify the customer’s specific information
- Appropriately document all required information into the call tracking system
- Resolve the service request or issue as appropriate within the specified time line
- Route/Dispatch the service request to the appropriate IT support group for resolution if problem cannot be handled within defined time constraints
- Maintain a logged in and ready state x% of the total time (per the site specification) for the shift assigned
- Successfully resolve common application software problems (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, mail client, etc.) the majority of the time
- Make good faith attempt at resolving more complex O/S and non-standard application issues
- Partner with team members to ensure that the phones are covered during breaks, lunch, etc.
- Provide adequate notice for planned absences
- A Minimum of Six months experience, working in a customer service role in a retail or service environment.
- Computer experience and/or training strongly desired, especially in a service role.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, OR TRAINING
- High School diploma or G.E.D equivalent/and or experience.
- Certifications may be required once employed.
- Formal customer service and technical training may be required
List any Certifications that you have or you are studying for!
Indicate the Job You’re Interested in…
Indicate, “HOW YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS JOB!”
Kemtah is an equal opportunity employer. Decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin.